Black Power Book Club is a place for Black LGBTQIA+ people to raise our consciousness on all things pro-Black, pro-trans, pro-queer, pro-LIBERATION!
WHEN: Second Tuesday of every month at 7:00-8:00 PM (in the months where there are five Tuesdays, we will be meeting the 3rd Tuesday!)
WHERE: ZOOM (in light of the COVID-19 pandemic)
MEETING LINK: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89652255775?pwd=dDErbWd0SUd4aUN3S0JyL1k3bnYzdz09
Meeting ID: 896 5225 5775
*This space is exclusively for people who identify as Black and LGBTQIA+*
Since February 2022, we have been reading Sister Outsider by Audre Lorde. You can find a link to the PDF here, and a link to a free Sister Outsider audiobook curated by BQIC here. Sister Outsider discussion notes can be found here.
If you would like to participate and need a physical copy of the book, let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past readings (reverse chronological order):
- Captive Genders: Trans Embodiment and the Prison Industrial Complex edited by Eric A. Stanley and Nat Smith; foreward by CeCe McDonald
- Black on Both Sides: A Racial History of Trans Identity by C. Riley Snorton
- ANARCHO-BLACKNESS by Marquis Bey
- Beyond Survival: Stories and Strategies from the Transformative Justice Movement edited by Ejeris Dixon and Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha
- Playing the Whore by Melissa Gira Grant
- Assata: An Autobiography by Assata Shakur
- Are Prisons Obsolete? by Angela Davis